Why the Bison Chuck Roast will be your new favorite cut of meat in 2017



The Bison Chuck Roast... for awhile now, I have been claiming and telling everyone who asks that this is officially my favorite cut from bison. I have to admit, choosing a favorite is hard to do, but I feel pretty confident with proclaiming the chuck as the winner of this honor due to:

  • it's crazy tenderness
  • the easiness of preparation
  • the versatility
  • and the number of meals I can get out of one roast

If you're interested in getting your hands on one of these to see for yourself, you can easily order one here. Otherwise, let me go into delicious detail of all four points to convince you. :)

The Bison Chuck Roast is crazy tender.

Each time I make one of our Bison Chuck Roasts, I am blown away by the tenderness. Then, I will go to a restaurant, and order a French Dip or Roast Beef Sandwich remembering how much I like these sandwiches when I make them with my bison chuck roast and end up so disappointed with the meat on the sandwiches. Bison has just really ruined me for beef.

But when you slow cook a Bison Chuck Roast, you will truly have meat that falls apart at the touch of a fork, and that seemingly just melts in your mouth. Even as leftovers, if you re-prep or re-heat the meat, it will still remain incredibly tender.

Recently, I made a stew using cut up Bison Chuck Roast -- and it truly made the highlight of the meal. Rather than being chewy and tough, as I sometimes experience in stews, it was light and tender, exactly as this delicious comfort food should be.

As one final sell on tenderness (and flavor, while we're at it), there were a few meals I never liked growing up that I now love when they are made with Bison, and one of them was certainly roast. Once you try a Bison Chuck Roast, you will fall in love with the tenderness and flavor and never want to go back!

The Bison Chuck Roast is easy to make.

Prep work for a Bison Chuck Roast is so simple! Slow cooking is best, so what I usually do is cook it in my covered roast pan at 225*F for 5-6 hours with a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan.

You can add things like carrots, celery, onions and potatoes as with any other roast if you like, but certainly don't need to. Also, if I have Bison Broth on hand, I sometimes add that as well -- especially if I intend to make gravy. But, it certainly isn't required, and beef broth can be used as well.

The Bison Chuck Roast is very versatile.

Of course you can always take the Chuck Roast and make a classic and delicious pot roast meal. However, there's so many more meals you can make using this delicious and tender meat as well. 
These are just a few of the things I've made and tried with this awesome cut, and I'm sure there are many more.

I can get several meals out of one Bison Chuck Roast

Most of the time when I'm cooking, I'm only cooking for two, so when I pull a roast out of the freezer, I know I'll be getting at least a few meals out of it -- which makes the $39 cost even better for me.

Usually, the first night I'll make it as a pot roast and serve roast and potatoes, then use the leftovers the next couple nights to make things like fajitas and sandwiches. 

The day I made the Bison Stew, I was able to eat the leftover stew for about 4 meals, and even had some of the roast leftover that I didn't use in the stew for sandwiches.

So, even though $39 might initially seem a bit steep for a roast, I don't feel so bad about it when I know I can get several great meals out of it and know that the leftovers will be just as good.

If you want to try the Bison Chuck Roast, check it out here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

"Spicy Island Bison Burger" Recipe | Bison Burger with Grilled Pineapple