Cooking a *DELICIOUS* Bison Top Sirloin Recipe



Let's start with video footage of this tasty sirloin sizzling, what do you say?





So it's been awhile since I've made a good steak and this past week I decided I would change that. This post is going to go over my cooking method for a simple Bison Top Sirloin Steak with mushrooms in the cast iron skillet. As you can see in my final photo, I ended up serving my steak with a cheesy rice and pan fried brussel sprouts.



The first step was to get my cast iron skillet on the stove and heated up. I turned the stove onto medium low heat and allowed the pan to get hot before adding a tablespoon of butter and my sliced mushrooms.

As you can see in the picture, I've arranged the mushrooms so that there is space in the center of the pan for the steak to cook. If you would like to season your mushrooms with garlic or pepper, now would be the time to do that.


After the mushrooms had been in the pan for a couple minutes, I added the steak and two sprigs of fresh rosemary.

Prior to placing the steak in the pan, I lightly seasoned the steak with garlic and pepper as well.

Allow the steak to cook without disturbing it for about 10 minutes on the first side over the medium low heat. This 10 oz. Bison Top Sirloin is a pretty thick cut, so it takes awhile of cooking to cook through the steak.

Although you want to do your best not to disturb the steak, you'll need to occasionally stir around the mushrooms while they are cooking.

After about 10 minutes, use tongs to flip the steak.

Allow the steak to continue cooking undisturbed for another 10 minutes or so until the steak is done to medium rare with a deliciously pink center.

Serve steak with mushrooms over the top and your desired side dishes for an awesome meal!

Here's a shot of my final steak dinner below with my half of the steak.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

How to make awesome and saucy bison enchiladas