3 Ingredient Breakfast Burritos

I LOVE these breakfast burritos. They're one of my favorite breakfasts, and in fact, I love them so much that I've even been known to make these for dinner from time to time, when we haven't had the chance to have them for breakfast in awhile.

The awesome thing is these are so easy to make, and don't require many ingredients. In fact, you can probably whip these up in about 20 minutes. AND -- they're really good as leftovers too!



As I mentioned in my Biscuits & Gravy post I only buy Jimmy Dean Sausage, even though it's a little more expensive. This recipe starts with a 1 lb. chub (although, it's very simple to half this recipe, which I do quite often as well). A full recipe will make about 8 burritos, give or take, while a half recipe will probably make 4-5. 


There are only a few other ingredients for this recipe: 1 large (or two small baked potatoes)


and 6 eggs.


In a large frying pan, crumble and brown your sausage.


While the sausage is browning, you'll want to bake your potatoes. I do this in the microwave by poking holes in the potato with a fork and microwaving on High for 3-4 minutes. Once they are baked, allow them a few minutes to cool before peeling and dicing.


Once your sausage has browned, drain any excess grease from your pan before adding the potato. Stir the mixture around.


Beat your eggs in a small dish.


Add beaten eggs into your sausage and potato mixture.


Scramble mixture around with a large spatula until eggs are fully baked.


This is how your mixture will look once it's completed. Transfer the filling into a serving bowl.


Serve with warm tortilla shells and whatever garnishes you desire. I would recommend: shredded cheese, green onions, sour cream and/or salsa.


This recipe is so easy and so delicious! A great way to start a morning, for sure! Someday I hope my company will be able to produce a Bison Breakfast sausage, I really do think that's the only way this would get better!

Breakfast Burritos

Ingredients:

1 lb. Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
6 eggs, beaten
1 large (or 2 small) potatoes, baked and diced
tortillas
shredded cheddar cheese, green onion, salsa, sour cream (optional for garnish)

Directions:

Brown sausage in a frying pan over medium heat. Drain.

Return sausage to pan and add potatoes. Stir around.

Add eggs to frying pan and scramble together with mixture. Serve in warm flour tortillas with desired garnishes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

"Spicy Island Bison Burger" Recipe | Bison Burger with Grilled Pineapple