Recipe: Hot Bison Brisket Sandwich


Earlier this week, I showed off the delicious bison fajitas I made with leftover bison brisket. I promised to show another delicious meal I made from the same brisket as well. So here it is: a Hot Bison Brisket Sandwich -- even easier to make than the fajitas!

I don't know what it is, but lately I've been really into hot sandwiches, particularly meaty ones. It's probably the lack of burgers in my life due to winter, I suppose. So, once I had the original meal of bison brisket with potatoes and gravy and the second meal of brisket fajitas, there was enough of the bison remaining for about 2 of these sandwiches. Although since it was just me this evening I only made one. You can see from the picture, this is no small sandwich and has quite a lot of meat on it. It's no skimpy sandwich, that's for sure.

The assembling of these sandwiches is super easy. And it's one of those things, you can be free with and make your own! I'll put what I did in the recipe section below.


If you want to get your own bison brisket to make all these amazing meals, here's the link:





Hot Bison Brisket Sandwich


Ingredients:

1 small french bread loaf
bison brisket meat, cut
bison gravy, if available
cheese (swiss or provolone will work well)
sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers (optional)

Directions:

If you are using leftover bison brisket, you will need to re-heat the meat. If you made gravy or au jus with your brisket, soak meat in gravy while reheating. Cut your french loaf in half and butter both sides. Toast in oven for 3-5 minutes.

When meat is re-heated, stack meat, cheese and toppings onto bottom half of bread. Toast in oven for 5 more minutes. Place top half of bread over sandwich and serve!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

"Spicy Island Bison Burger" Recipe | Bison Burger with Grilled Pineapple