Recipe: Bison Brisket Fajitas


For New Year's Eve, I finally got the chance to make my bison brisket that's been torturing me from my fridge for quite some time. We needed to use it for a photoshoot for my site, which is one of my favorite parts of my job, as that usually means I get a delicious, albeit, slightly cold dinner out of the deal.

However, this brisket was a monster 5 lb. hunk of meat, which meant after we were done enjoying brisket, roasted potatoes and gravy I put most of the bison brisket back in the fridge to save for later... and thus, the plotting began!

The following day, we were planning to have a couple extra people over to celebrate the New Year, so I thought I would use the leftover bison brisket to make a special meal: Bison Brisket fajitas.

My first step was to take out the remaining brisket and cut it up. (Fun fact: There was so much brisket left over, I didn't even use all of it here. Stay tuned for another post.)

I then cut up a lime and squirted the lime juice all over the brisket, put it in an air tight container and allowed the brisket to marinate for a couple hours in the fridge.

The remaining steps are all quite easy. I sliced 2 green bell peppers, 1 yellow bell pepper and a red onion. I also made homemade pico de gallo, guacamole and cilantro lime rice.



The fajitas themselves only take about 10 minutes to cook. All I did was add the peppers and onions to my cast iron skillet along with about a tablespoon of olive oil and the brisket. I sprinkled 1 tsp. garlic salt and 1 tsp. pepper to the mixture just before adding the brisket. Then you sauté over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the vegetables are fully cooked and the meat is hot.

Serve on small flour tortillas with any of the following: salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese, sour cream.

This is such an easy and delicious meal using leftover meat!

Get your own Bison Brisket now:




Bison Brisket Fajitas


Ingredients:

brisket, cooked & cut
1 red onion, sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 tsp. garlic
1 tsp. black pepper 1 tbsp. olive oil 1 lime

Directions:

Marinate bison brisket in lime juice for a couple hours.

Add olive oil to skillet over medium heat. Add vegetables, seasonings and meat. Saute for 10 minutes, until meat is hot and vegetables are tender and fully cooked.

Serve with cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

How to make awesome and saucy bison enchiladas

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites