Use a Bison Roast to make AMAZING Burritos

Lately, I've been really into cooking with Bison Roasts. There's just so much you can do with them, and so many fun meals to try -- other than your classic roast and potatoes.

This post is going to detail my process of making a tenderly amazing Bison Chuck Roast into delicious burritos in my own kitchen!

Obviously, the star of the show is this delicious Bison Chuck Roast which I seasoned using NebraskaBison.com's exclusive Steak & Burger Seasoning.


Normally, I would do a little more prep work on the flavors of this roast before sticking it in the oven, knowing that I'm going to make it into burritos, HOWEVER, since I only cook for two, I had plans to get two meals out of this, and for the second meal, I did NOT want my meat burrito flavored. So, I cooked the roast plain and added the burrito seasoning at the end. 

Not included in this shot is the sliced onion and water I added to the pan before cooking.




And this is how it looks when it's fully cooked. I cooked this roast for 8 hours at 225*F, in a 13 x 9 dish covered with aluminum foil. After allowing the roast to cool, I then shredded the meat as you can see here:


As I already mentioned, I wanted to save half the roast for the next day, so I set half the meat aside in the fridge and made the following seasoning for the half of the meat I used for burritos.


I began with canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. These are easy to find in the Mexican foods section of your grocery store.  

I took 2 peppers and additional sauce and chopped them up. To this, I added a TBSP of water, cumin, garlic salt and a dash of lime juice. The adobo sauce and chipotle peppers will add quite a bit of heat, so adjust as desired and make this combination to taste. 

Once I had my seasoning to my desired taste, I poured it over the meat.

THAT'S IT!

Then, all that's left to do is take an extra large flour tortilla and fill it up. 

I filled with cilantro-lime rice, my shredded bison, cheese and homemade pico de gallo as shown here:






The only thing lacking here was that my burrito folding skills are not quite on par with the chain restaurants. I'll have to work on that. 

But otherwise, this was an easy-peasy recipe to make at home that was guilt free and tasted awesome!

Plus, it left me with leftover meat to make this killer sandwich the next day:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

"Spicy Island Bison Burger" Recipe | Bison Burger with Grilled Pineapple