Easy Bison Meatballs using ingredients you already have!

Every once in awhile, I just get a hankering for spaghetti and meatballs, really kind of randomly. I've tried making bison meatballs a few times before, and they've always been just OK. This time, however... I found a keeper! These meatballs were awesome and went so well with my spaghetti dinner and just hit the spot on a cold night.

This meatball recipe is pretty simple, and only uses a few basic ingredients which you probably already have. 




To make the meat mixture, I mixed together my ground bison with some uncooked oatmeal, ketchup, mustard, egg, onion and spices. Usually I tend to skimp on the spices, fearful that I'm going to go too overboard. This time however, I was working with a broken pepper shaker, and WAY too much pepper fell out. I tried to scrape out as much as I could... but these ended up being the best meatballs I've ever made... probably because I finally used enough seasoning!


One of my biggest turnoffs to making meatballs is always sticking my hands into such a weird mixture! But, once I get over the hump, it's never so bad. 


Mix the ingredients together by hand until they are well mixed. 


Form into small balls and place into a baking dish. If you'd prefer to make this recipe into meatloaf, then simply form into a loaf instead.


Then all that's left to do is bake!


They come out looking pretty darn good, I think. (They were delicious too! Just hit the spot!)


I placed them in a dish and covered them with my sauce.


From there, they were ready to serve over spaghetti!


Easy Bison Meatballs

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground bison burger
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 egg
dash Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1/8 cup ketchup
dash of mustard
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
garlic, to taste
oregano, to taste
basil, to taste

Directions:

Mix all ingredients together using clean hands. Form into small balls and place in a baking dish. Bake at 300*F for 30 minutes.

Serve with pasta and sauce.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite way to cook Bison Burgers

A Quick and Easy Bison Meal: Bison Steak Bites

"Spicy Island Bison Burger" Recipe | Bison Burger with Grilled Pineapple